New Feature: Property Prce Graph
If a picture paints a thousand words... this feature is brought to you by If by Bread
Under the style menu there is a new item "Price Graph";
Selecting this will replace the property history in the webpage, with a graph showing how the price/status of the property has changed over time (click on the image to see all of it);
Cool hey The thinking behind this is that its easier to get a feel for how the listing has changed, compared to reading lots of history changes.
The position of the line indicates the price, whereas the style of the line indicates the properties status;
- Solid means available
- Dashed (as seen above when the price drops from £600 to £590) indicates STC/Sold/Let
- Dotted means the property is no longer listed
New Feature: Related properties
The second new feature (no song this time), is also accessed via the style menu;
Selecting this option replaces the property history, with links to other properties you have viewed which the toolbar thinks are very similar (or if not the same property);
You can see from the above picture, that the toolbar has identified 3 other property listings that I've looked at that are very similar (with the closest match listed first), clicking on the top link takes me to the properties listing;
Yes, thats probably the same flat being listed for £200k less
By the way it should also work if a property gets relisted... one of the most requested features yet to be implemented until now
This feature is very much experiemental, and due to the way it works (it looks for matching photos amongst other things) it may take sometime for the toolbar to learn which properties are related, but from my testing after a few weeks use it gets pretty close most of the time!
Support for the new ww.espc.com site.
I know there is an issue if you refine your search using the controls on the far right of the espc.com site, we are investigating how to solve this and hope to have a fix for this in the next version.
Changes to support an updated www.daft.ie site.
I know there are issues with daft not using unique property ids, but I have a plan for the next release of property bee which I hope will solve this - I need a few days to think about this, but hopefully will post on thepropertypin early next week to get feedback on the changes I'm going to propose.
Changes to support overseas properties on rightmove.co.uk
Supported Firefox versions
We have had to drop support for Firefox 3.0 due to features added in this version of property bee.
We currently support Firefox versions 3.5 to 8
Various other bug fixes and improvements
- Improved the appearance of how property appears in the webpage
- Cannot register with usernames containing dots
- Only display server error messages once
- Running toolbar with 2 open sidebars (in different windows) can lead to question marks being display in one sidebar
- PB.Rule.AllNodesMatchingXPath could be more robust
- Could not display the selected property / TypeError: property is undefined
- Newly viewed properties are added to the current sidebar list, irrespective of whether or not they belong to that list