An important announcement from the founder of property-bee.com: The future of Property Bee is assured.

Down for maintenance (18th Sept)

Site news and annoucements

Down for maintenance (18th Sept)

Postby Beerhunter on Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:56 pm

At the moment we are down for maintenance, so the sharing of information via the property bee toolbar won't work.

There are 2 issues I'm currently working on;

* there's a back log of data to process, currently 15+ days worth :( Unfortunately I'd been too busy with my normal (and paying!) day job to notice this :(

* there has been a massive spam attack aimed at this site, over 6,000+ posts in 3 days (thats one every 40 seconds), fortunately none of it got though to you (we automatically block known spammers, and put everyone else on moderation for there first posts)... however none of these were known, so we are reporting each and everyone to the blacklists we subscribe too :D

At the moment I have no idea when the "bee" will be back up and working... but realistically I'm guessing Monday or Tuesday :cry:

Meantime, if I can't fix it tonight, I'll re-enable the "bee" before I go to bed so that data can still be collected and processed at a later date...
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Re: Down for maintenance (18th Sept)

Postby Beerhunter on Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:09 pm

At the moment I've

* cleared out the database and at just after 7pm started processing the data to see why it went wrong (its still running at 10pm.. but may take much more time!)

* meantime I've reported and blacklisted 5,000 of the spam posts that were attempted to post spam in the last few days.... only another few thousand to go (which will take me to midnight :evil:)
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Postby Beerhunter on Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:20 pm

I've reported all the spammers, disabled their accounts, deleted all their posts, and sent emails to each and everyone (so hopefully one or two might realise that this site is actively protected!)

Meantime, the server is still busy processing 15+ days worth of data.... either it will work or it will fail (and I get some I idea what I need to fix) either way its going to take some time!
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Postby Beerhunter on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:45 am

The server is still processing data... its done the backlog from rightmove and daft, currently doing propertynews *fingers crossed*
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Postby Beerhunter on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:30 am

Almost there... just optimising the database tables, before the bee is back online again.

Not exactly sure what the problem was, but suspect it was some kind of interaction between 2 separate server jobs (ie one started before the other finished) so going move them further apart timewise and monitor things.
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Postby Beerhunter on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:26 am

We are now back up and running :D
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Return to Announcements