An important announcement from the founder of property-bee.com: The future of Property Bee is assured.

Why do some houses not appear on sold house price websites?

Anything and everything to do with property prices, from news reports and press releases to your comment and theories.

Why do some houses not appear on sold house price websites?

Postby nick_aronson on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:23 pm

Is there an opt-out box somewhere in the house buying process perhaps? It seems that less than half of the properties we have been interested in have appeared. Our current house, bought in 2005, has also never appeared on any of them. Would be really grateful if anyone could shed any light on this.
nick_aronson

Re: Why do some houses not appear on sold house price websites?

Postby amysmith1987 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:37 pm

You should be able to find information on all sold house prices on the Land Registry website, or sites that use Land Registry as the basis for their information. All properties that are sold must be registered with the LR, and this is what a lot of the information on house prices that we see in the media is taken from. There is a delay in how accurate the information is though. Usually, something that was sold stc three months ago would have only just made it on to the LR website, assuming that it was not a protracted sale.

The other good place to look is Mouseprice, although sometimes this just gives you information on something similar to your chosen property that has sold in the area, and not information on the specific property you are looking for.

I previously worked in conveyancing and dealt with LR registration applications, and there isnt a box where you can opt out of giving them price information, as it is used to calculate the registration fee, so I'm not sure why not all houses come up when they're searched (unless you've not had the chance to look at the LR website whilst you've been doing your research). It may be that the houses you've been interested in have fallen through and been pulled off the market.

You may also find that the reason you cannot find your specific properties is that you have to pay for the information when using the LR website, which could explain why some prices don't come up - perhaps whoever supplies the price information to these other sites has simply not paid to get the information on your chosen properties?
amysmith1987

Postby kentmike on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:46 pm

I have recently found that properties sold as repossesions, do not feature in these records.
kentmike

Postby ricoski on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:24 pm

I was mislead by the Estate agent. Therefore my post was inaccurate. Thus removed.
ricoski

Postby greenfields on Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:18 am

Our house doesn't appear because of a lash up by LR since corrected but stil doesn't appear because they don't seem to update on their mistakes. I work in the mortgage industry and mistakes by LR are all too frequent considering how important their role is.
greenfields

cheap ghd straighteners

Postby Suttonyjp on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:56 am

Suttonyjp

Postby Merlin01 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:02 am

thanks for sharing
Merlin01

Re: Why do some houses not appear on sold house price websit

Postby glenweb on Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:27 pm

Is this thread still live. :roll:
Always tracking the market. http://allnewdrones.com.
glenweb

Return to Property Prices