An important announcement from the founder of property-bee.com: The future of Property Bee is assured.

How much should I offer?

Anything and everything to do with property prices, from news reports and press releases to your comment and theories.

How much should I offer?

Postby Myfynwy on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:25 pm

I am a first time buyer with a cash amount of £150,000. I'm interested in making an offer on a 2 bed flat in Brighton which is on the market for £169,950. It has been on the market about a month. It was sold for under the asking price but that fell through so now it's back on. It also needs a complete new kitchen. It's a good flat and not outrageously over priced when I compare it to other things I've seen.

Baring all this in mind, do you think making an offer of £150,000 would be insulting? I have no chain and can wait to move in for as long as the vendor needs. Am I pushing my luck or does being a cash buyer help?
Myfynwy

Re: How much should I offer?

Postby Beerhunter on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:04 am

I'm no expert (in fact I've only just recently bought my 1st place...) but I'd say its very much depends on the sellers circumstances

Having a quick look at Brighton, there's lots of similarly priced 2 bed flats.... so on the plus side being chain free/cash buyer, any seller should be biting your hand off, however having only been on the market of a month and already having one offer (albeit falling through) the seller might be willing to hold out for a better offer...

If you know the sellers looking for a quick sale, then I'd say go for it... but stress that your a cash buyer / not in a chain / can work to their timescales.
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Postby bilalahmed on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:31 am

Constantly Focus International Market Value For Better Output.. If you contact Local Market may Be You loose your Enough Amount In market & cheapest Flat in Low area Market. First Of All you need to Choose a International Level Company..
bilalahmed

Postby bilalahmed on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:12 am

If you are First Time Property Buyer You need to Get Suggestion About market Value..If don't have Experience you gown to Loss..
bilalahmed

Return to Property Prices