An important announcement from the founder of property-bee.com: The future of Property Bee is assured.

House With History - Advice Sought

Anything and everything to do with property prices, from news reports and press releases to your comment and theories.

House With History - Advice Sought

Postby cbouldin on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:57 am

Hi
I am looking to buy the following property for my growing family. The viewing was great and my wife is besotted with the place. However looking on Zoopa and Property Bee shows that there have been a few previous attempts to sell.

Also the house nextdoor (to the left in the brochure pic) is looking a bit delapidated these days and the hedge between the two properties is no longer there.

Is this left well alone? I'm not sure how to find out what the problem might be without spending a fortune on surveys and legal fees that might well all come to nothing if there is a serious issue.

What do others think. Advice appreciated.
cbouldin

Re: House With History - Advice Sought

Postby cbouldin on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:58 pm

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... miumA=true

This is the house I a talking about.
cbouldin

Re: House With History - Advice Sought

Postby speakers on Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:49 pm

Have you checked to see if there's any planning permission being saught or granted for adjacent properties?
Try looking at the condition of the roof, the price of roof repairs/replacements are high and could have put previous buyers off.
speakers
Beta Tester

Return to Property Prices