An important announcement from the founder of property-bee.com: The future of Property Bee is assured.

Cool Time Saving Macros

Anything and everything to do with property prices, from news reports and press releases to your comment and theories.

Cool Time Saving Macros

Postby rodders on Tue May 20, 2008 6:06 pm

Thought I would let people know of a macro I am using to update old detail that have not been updated for ages.

I have created a imacro that runs within firefox that uses a stored set of the reference numbers to load individual properties and hence update the details.

If anyone is interested let me know. I also have a macro that keeps clicking the next button but I guess everyone is altready using this stuff.

BH is there anyway to record these: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-19363730.rsp

Property is currently not on the market
Miller & Son, Redruth, have removed this property as it may now be sold, under offer or temporarily withdrawn from the market.

Would be useful for Property Bee to record taken off the market.
rodders

Re: Cool Time Saving Macros

Postby Eddie001 on Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:06 am

Do you have a macro for running all my saved searches in Rightmove?
Eddie001

Postby 2112 on Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:25 pm

I have an iMacro script given to me by another bee user back in April or May that I use for doing auto searches, PM me if you want it. It doesn't single out properties just does whole postcodes/areas. It might cause you to run into download limit problems with RM so be careful if you choose to use it.

Postby HP1 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:20 am

Hi - i am a new user who is reading every post possible!
Am interested in this but don't know how to PM!! Can you PM me instead and that way i might notice something change when i next log in??
HP1

Postby siddhant4u on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:11 pm

I do not have permission to post PM's Can you attach the macro to file or the link where i can find it?

thanks in advance.
siddhant4u

Postby Diskbox on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:18 pm

I've just found your site! Also not authorized to PM people just yet. Any chance I could get a copy of that imacro please?

Many thanks,
Diskbox
Diskbox

Postby rlph on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:13 pm

For lack of any other response, here's my macro. Note that this is a JavaScript macro rather than one in iMacros' native language, so save it with a .js extension.

Future readers: Note that this only works as of the time of writing (1 March 2011), and is liable to be broken by future site changes.

Code: Select all
//imacros-js:showsteps yes

// The only part of this script you should need to edit:
// list of postcodes we wish to search, and search parameters for each.
var searchList = {
   N4 : {
      minPrice: 150000,
      maxPrice: 300000,
      minBedrooms: 1
   },
   N19 : {
   },
   N8  : {
   }
};

// Function to die with a bit of grace in event of an error.
function croak(errorCode) {
   alert("iMacros error: " + errorCode);
   throw errorCode;
}

// Conduct a full search for each postcode on Rightmove.
// (delete this for loop if you don't need Rightmove results)
for (var postcode in searchList) {
   var params = searchList[postcode];
   var searchCode = "CODE:\n";
   searchCode += "URL GOTO=http://www.rightmove.co.uk/\n";
   searchCode += "TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:initialSearch ATTR=ID:searchLocation CONTENT="+postcode+"\n";
   searchCode += "TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:IMAGE FORM=ID:initialSearch ATTR=ID:buy\n";
   searchCode += "TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ID:propertySearchCriteria ATTR=ID:includeSSTC1 CONTENT=YES\n";
   searchCode += "TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:propertySearchCriteria ATTR=ID:minPrice CONTENT=%"+params['minPrice']+"\n";
   searchCode += "TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:propertySearchCriteria ATTR=ID:maxPrice CONTENT=%"+params['maxPrice']+"\n";
   searchCode += "TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:propertySearchCriteria ATTR=ID:minBedrooms CONTENT=%"+params['minBedrooms']+"\n";
   searchCode += "TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:IMAGE FORM=ID:propertySearchCriteria ATTR=ID:submit\n";
   searchCode += "TAG pos=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:resultcount EXTRACT=TXT\n";
   searchCode += "WAIT SECONDS=2\n";
   var result = iimPlay(searchCode);
   if (result != 1) {
      croak(result);
   }
   var pageCount = Math.floor((parseInt(iimGetLastExtract()) - 1) / 10);
   for (var i = 0; i < pageCount; i++) {
      var nextCode = "CODE:\n";
      nextCode += "TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:next\n";
      nextCode += "WAIT SECONDS=2\n";
      result = iimPlay(nextCode);
      if (result != 1) {
         croak(result);
      }
   }
}

// Conduct a full search for each postcode on PrimeLocation.
// (delete this for loop if you don't need PrimeLocation results)
for (var postcode in searchList) {
   var params = searchList[postcode];
   var searchCode = "CODE:\n";
   searchCode += "URL GOTO=http://www.primelocation.com/uk-property-for-sale/\n";
   searchCode += "TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ContentDetail_QuickSearchControl_p CONTENT="+postcode+"\n";
   searchCode += "TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ContentDetail_QuickSearchControl_np CONTENT=%"+params['minPrice']+"\n";
   searchCode += "TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ContentDetail_QuickSearchControl_xp CONTENT=%"+params['maxPrice']+"\n";
   searchCode += "TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ContentDetail_QuickSearchControl_nb CONTENT=%"+params['minBedrooms']+"\n";
   searchCode += "TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ContentDetail_QuickSearchControl_rdno\n";
   searchCode += "TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ContentDetail_QuickSearchControl_SearchButton\n";
   searchCode += "TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=CLASS:resultCount EXTRACT=TXT\n";
   searchCode += "WAIT SECONDS=2\n";
   var result = iimPlay(searchCode);
   if (result != 1) {
      croak(result);
   }
   var resultCount = parseInt(iimGetLastExtract().replace(/^.*?\d+\s*-\s*\d+\s+of\s+(\d+)\s+properties\b.*$/i, "$1"));
   if (isNaN(resultCount)) {
      croak("couldn't parse text: " + iimGetLastExtract());
   }
   var pageCount = Math.floor((resultCount - 1) / 10);
   for (var i = 0; i < pageCount; i++) {
      var nextCode = "CODE:\n";
      nextCode += "TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:next<SP>»\n";
      nextCode += "WAIT SECONDS=2\n";
      result = iimPlay(nextCode);
      if (result != 1) {
         croak(result);
      }