An important announcement from the founder of property-bee.com: The future of Property Bee is assured.

Greatest price reductions.

Anything and everything to do with property prices, from news reports and press releases to your comment and theories.

Greatest price reductions.

Postby supermum48 on Sat May 28, 2011 12:59 pm

I am fairly new to Property Bee. Is there a way of finding the greatest price reductions in any given area?
supermum48

Re: Greatest price reductions.

Postby Nounours on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:46 am

This is a very good question.....and one I'd like to see an answer for.

There is a centralized Property Bee pricing database else we'd not get all the shared 'bee' data when we look at houses other people have already viewed.

Is there anyway we can access this?

Regards

Gary
Nounours

Postby jonde99 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:21 pm

jonde99

Postby Nounours on Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:03 am

So Property Snake used the Property Bee database to show price changes?

PS is OK but the interface is a little unwieldy.

Like a lot of people, I'd like to know the areas where the largest prices falls are occurring so that I can target them. I'm in the process of starting to look for a house, and being a cash buyer want to leverage this advantage to complete a sale. Standard stuff really.

The PB toolbar is good but you have to have visited the post codes in order to view that data, or can you view non-visited data?

Thanks

Gary
Nounours

Postby Beerhunter on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:54 pm

No, property snake is a site run/owned by Tom, and uses a completely different data source.

There is no way to view 'non-visited' data I'm afriad - this is by design so we can't be accused of pinching other sites databases.

Before the toolbar sends us data, it encrypts/hashs the property information using an unknown unqiue key, therefore what is stored centrally is just a load of gobbledygook like this;

Property Reference: gz8F3E1nH6Go8U1Aof@3Ug3N6JdEbUU1H@ux4ZLEhiI=
Details Added: 2011-07-08 13:31:34
Price: VfM3Jlg1JvNqSY3O0KwW5w==
Title : RJYc3jCcaZuWcZ9@/V2@AvnNsL56aZ3R6SExMyHYjDKv6r65QMvODiExMyERYLrTJDYhMzMhbwYb50CDMiExMCFEGX4=
Subtitle: FX/x6B61TFmTQIFR@809ITMzIQ==
Description: bjRKiXm7MJ0bkUeuMj4Rv2iY98tIITMzIcaM4scRITAhl2ihtzTW4MmpH2WpuUyD84OnYAaI8DrhtOT5Al7JJZuoS/PBaDvd8/FTfRPmITExIfeLSSY/zhWVPZpaeNRCEvp569SxOPpImptVr5kUkCExNjAhsi5ikmRCDsE40mHjv2bkNZ1isiExMyFgSp8P/cSYoZB8MP15x4cD@PozXCDnd8nuHZVeqNs/Wujt1tW1gqvg3e4hMTYwITDVITkhXgXCQMNYn3MhMzMhsJrebARewEDKjBRNyewbtjwhMTYwISV5UQ6YwQ==

For another user to convert this back into something readable, they must visit the properties webpage to obtain the key, and the toolbar decrypts the information.

To be honest, I wish we didn't have to do this (it would make my life so much easier debugging the code when something goes wrong), but replicating another sites database without permission is a sure way of getting shutdown (this isn't theorical, I've seen it happen before several times) and hence all the clever encryption stuff which severily restricts what we can do with any data collected.
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Postby Nounours on Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:41 pm

Hi Beerhunter,

Thanks for your very comprehensive reply! I can now see that we could access the data but would then have to get the key/decrpyt each object, and to do this we need to visit the page.

Understand about the copyright issues.

Property Bee is still a bloody gem of a product and we're all grateful for it.

So my next plan of attack is to pin-point areas I want to live in on Rightmove and then see what comes up; the Rightmove Price Comparison is quite useful too.

I did read there's a similar tool for asking price drops, any ideas where this is/was?

Thanks!

Gary
Nounours

Return to Property Prices