An important announcement from the founder of property-bee.com: The future of Property Bee is assured.

Final sale prices of properties as recorded by right move

Anything and everything to do with property prices, from news reports and press releases to your comment and theories.

Final sale prices of properties as recorded by right move

Postby dmac7090 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:20 am

I purchased a property in March 2008 and for various technical and legal reasons the urchase was in the name of a limited company.

The sale of the property did not appear in the Right Move sales figures.

On querying this with the Land Registry, I was told that sales to Limited Companies were not released into open forums.

This appears to leave out the final piece of the jigsaw, because the subject to contract price and the completion price could be many £'s apart,

Has anyone any information on this topic?

Many thanks in advance

Regards

dmac
dmac7090

Re: Final sale prices of properties as recorded by right move

Postby oldcastle on Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:45 pm

Ask them where the restriction on the release of information is stated in their publications and guides. (I've had a quick look at one of the guides that looked relevant in their information section and couldn't see anything such as you mention.) If it's not a published practice push them to explain why not, and why you cannot have the information. Otherwise this veils the activities of "well-advised" people from the rest of us.

oldcastle
oldcastle

Return to Property Prices