An important announcement from the founder of property-bee.com: The future of Property Bee is assured.

Availability of PropertyBee data for mashups

Anything and everything to do with property prices, from news reports and press releases to your comment and theories.

Availability of PropertyBee data for mashups

Postby shaneosullivan on Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:13 pm

Hi,

Is the Property Bee data available for inclusions in other mashups? I've recently written another property utility called DaftMonkey, for use with Daft.ie, which overlaps with PropertyBee's price history functionality. It would be very cool if this data was accessible, and ideally possible to query based on things like price, ID, and location.

Do interfaces like this exist already, and are simply not public? Would you consider making them public?

Thanks

Shane
shaneosullivan

Re: Availability of PropertyBee data for mashups

Postby Beerhunter on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:11 am

For those people using daft.ie, Shane has put together a rather nice GreaseMonkey script, see http://www.thepropertypin.com/viewtopic ... 13&t=18158 for details

shaneosullivan wrote:Hi,

Is the Property Bee data available for inclusions in other mashups? I've recently written another property utility called DaftMonkey, for use with Daft.ie, which overlaps with PropertyBee's price history functionality. It would be very cool if this data was accessible, and ideally possible to query based on things like price, ID, and location.

Do interfaces like this exist already, and are simply not public? Would you consider making them public?

Thanks

Shane

Hi Shane,

I'm afraid there isn't a public interface at the moment, tho I've been thinking about how the toolbar can enhanced in such away that others can develop add-ons for it. Maybe some kind of collaboration between property bee and DaftMonkey might help determine what that interface could be.

Querying in a generalised way on based on price/id/location isn't possible due to the way property bee works, but I'd been keen on getting DaftMonkey and property bee working together if the user has them both installed.

I'll try and rattle of an email to you about how property bee works and the direction I'm thinking this weekend, to see if there's some common ground / ideas.

Cheers
BH
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Re: Availability of PropertyBee data for mashups

Postby msparks on Sun May 17, 2009 12:09 am

Is there any chance of getting bee database snapshots put up on something like bittorrent?
msparks

Return to Property Prices