An important announcement from the founder of property-bee.com: The future of Property Bee is assured.

New Buying Tool Software

Anything and everything to do with property prices, from news reports and press releases to your comment and theories.

New Buying Tool Software

Postby mrbluesky on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:44 am

As an avid Property Bee user I have also seen another useful bit of software that can help us from getting value for money . Nationwide have their own easy to use House Price calculator so what you can do is look at the property on Rightmove, look at the price movement with Property Bee. Then look up via Mouse Price/ Land Registry when the property was last sold, and how much for. Enter these details into the Nationwide Calculator and it will tell you what the property should be worth in today's money.

I have tried this on several properties and generally the Estate Agents are overvaluing by about 10% obviously building in negotiating margin, or waiting for a mug to come along!!! :D Heres the link

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/hpi/Default ... ulate=true
mrbluesky

Re: New Buying Tool Software

Postby dan123 on Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:41 am

Do you know of a way to determine the house number (other than driving by) for use in Mouse Price?
dan123

Postby Zuzzu on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:02 pm

I look at images published on websites and if the full postcode is published, I use goole maps - I walk a little yellow man on the streets and look at the houses untill I find the one that matches the image on website and zoom in for the number. Doesn't always work as numbers can be obstructed from view or not visible. But in most cases, as long as the little yellow man in goole maps is available, I managed to find the house number. Hope this helps.
Zuzzu

Postby deonar on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:35 am

I recently went to the Nationwide to discuss my mortgage and moving to a new home. The adviser admitted that their house price index is a crude number, and can easily be 10% out. Most other automated valuation sites also seem to overestimate (at least at the moment) - my house has been valued at anything from 165k to 225k when in reality its probably nearer 140k to 150k
deonar

Return to Property Prices