An important announcement from the founder of property-bee.com: The future of Property Bee is assured.

Delisted Properties on Rightmove

Anything and everything to do with property prices, from news reports and press releases to your comment and theories.

Delisted Properties on Rightmove

Postby Crash Gordon on Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:55 pm

OK, well I've been playing a little with MySQL again today having built up a couple of months worth of good data from PB. One thing I really want to be able to do is to remove or isolate any properties that have been delisted from Rightmove - otherwise any analysis is tainted by older entries.

Because PB only indexes changes, I can't see any way to remove delisted entries from my exports - unless I'm missing something completely. If I cleared my PB files every time, and loaded each dataset into a new table, then I could compare and remove any delisted properties. But if I did that, then PB would not be able to do the job BH intended it for, ie displaying changes. Obviously I could view the changes on the database, but then I wouldn't get all the joy of seeing a nicely highlighted 15k drop ;)

Is there any chance of getting PB to acknowledge each entry with a "Last Seen On" date BH? I guess that would add a little overhead but it would certainly help with analysis?
Crash Gordon

Re: Delisted Properties on Rightmove

Postby PropertyAnalyser on Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:07 am

Crash Gordon wrote:...Is there any chance of getting PB to acknowledge each entry with a "Last Seen On" date BH? I guess that would add a little overhead but it would certainly help with analysis?

"Last Seen On" is one of the things that has been added to the in-development (beta) version of the PB toolbar.

I hope BH doesn't mind me saying this, but as a beta tester, I can say the new (beta) version adds several significant improvements over the current release version, but still has a couple of little issues that BH is working hard to fix.

Hopefully it won't be too long before the issues are ironed out and it is released to the public.

PA.
PropertyAnalyser

Postby Crash Gordon on Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:37 pm

Thanks for the reply PA - and if there's any need for another beta tester (shameless ploy to try and get my hands on it early ;) ) I'd be more than happy to help out - you can't blame a guy for trying ;)
Crash Gordon

Postby PropertyAnalyser on Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:53 pm

Crash Gordon wrote:Thanks for the reply PA - and if there's any need for another beta tester (shameless ploy to try and get my hands on it early ;) ) I'd be more than happy to help out - you can't blame a guy for trying ;)

I don't know if BH needs any more testers, but you could send him a private message to find out. Like you say, you can't blame a guy for trying!

I've got the beta version installed on 4 different firefox installs all collecting different data it is quite a lot to keep track of, but my insane over-use of the plug-in has highlighted a few minor issues :D

PA.
PropertyAnalyser

Postby Crash Gordon on Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:24 pm

Thanks PA - I've sent BeerHunter a pm, but I know he's got a pretty full compliment of beta testers, so I'll probably just have to be patient ;)
Crash Gordon

Postby abbicory on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:05 am

It would also be useful if Rightmove had an 'ignore' function so that I don't have to keep a running mental list of all the properties I've already looked at but discounted. Sometimes I forget why I didn't like them and so I have another look and invariably come to the same conclusion as I did the last three times I looked at them.
abbicory

Postby Beerhunter on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:21 pm

abbicory wrote:It would also be useful if Rightmove had an 'ignore' function so that I don't have to keep a running mental list of all the properties I've already looked at but discounted. Sometimes I forget why I didn't like them and so I have another look and invariably come to the same conclusion as I did the last three times I looked at them.

You've just given me a brilliant idea for a new feature.... does what you want plus a bit more :D
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Return to Property Prices