An important announcement from the founder of property-bee.com: The future of Property Bee is assured.

Feature Suggestion

An area to discuss the development and technical aspects of the toolbar

Feature Suggestion

Postby bearmonger on Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:30 pm

I'm just throwing this out there - I have no idea how difficult it would be to implement but I know it would be a killer feature.

The ability to add user comments to a property (maybe displayed in the sidebar or only on an individual property page so as not to clutter things). This would allow people to make comments on individual properties, give additional info about the property or area if they're familiar of it, link to other older listings if it has been relisted and we've lost the history, make general comments on how delusional the seller is etc.

Thoughts?
bearmonger

Re: Feature Suggestion

Postby greatwhite on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:03 am

I think this is a great idea! Too many agents relist properties and old price changes and dates etc are lost! Also, if you save a property and make notes, when the property is removed/re-listed from rightmove although it is still in the saved properties you cannot open it to check the notes - being able to open it would be a great feature! The more information users can gain the better the site would be!
greatwhite

Postby samcrawford on Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:57 pm

I was just going to suggest this myself on the 'What would make you use PB more' thread. I think it'd make a great addition. That said, it would be open to abuse, which would require some thought around how to moderate it.

Thanks,

Sam
samcrawford

Postby Beerhunter on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:26 pm

The ability to comment on a property has been something that has been 'on hold' for awhile due to various unsolved issues (libal/moderation/additional workload running the feature/implementation).

Once I have a solution for these, being able to comment on a property will certainly be added! :D
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Postby batesy101 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:10 pm

As an alternative would it be possible to add a few columns to either the sidebar toolbar or on the property itself to allow notes to be added which would only be seen by the user themselves ?
This would be great to store information that you have taken through conversations with agents , vendors that you would not want to make public anyway.
batesy101

Postby Beerhunter on Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:29 pm

Hi Bastesy101,

Adding private comments is hopefully in the pipeline for 2.0.16.0 (end of Feb) :D

BTW 20.15.0 (end of Jan) is just going to be bug fixing / enhancement to the export data feature.

As of todays release, people can "tab" between history/price graph/related properties... so what I'm thinking;

* adding a new comments "tab" which allows people to enter/edit their private notes on the property in a box on the webpage

* since its possible for a user to install multiple toolbars with the same username (eg at work and at home), I'm sure some people would like to edit their notes at both locations; and hence the notes need to be stored on the server (in an encrypted format which is only accessible to the user who wrote the notes!)
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Postby vectistim on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:07 pm

Similar to the comments option, I see it now attempts to link to duplicate entries. It would be really handy if we could make these links ourselves - we're better at identify the duplicate entries than whatever the algorithm is, this would enhance the history tracking as a property moves from agent to agent, etc.
vectistim

Return to Development