An important announcement from the founder of property-bee.com: The future of Property Bee is assured.

2.0.7.0 Roadmap

An area to discuss the development and technical aspects of the toolbar

2.0.7.0 Roadmap

Postby Beerhunter on Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:34 pm

I've assigned some bugs/enhancements to the next release :o

My comments in brackets regarding what info/prototypes/difficulty.

Design
163: Formalise and improve the interface between the user interface / XPCOM component (I've started on this, and hope to commit a version over the weekend - just the PB_Toolbar/PB_Service interface, but will have all the supporting code, and give an indication of the direction for the sidebar/history)

History table
151: Improve css / style sheet usage (see the code in the wacky ideas zip for adding stylesheets, needs the code stripped on embeded ccs and stylesheets written)
162: Tabbed history (see the code in the wacky ideas zip - its close, needs to be ported to a release environment and tarted up)

Sidebar
128: Can we have a delete button to remove properties from the sidebar? (completely new functionality)
155: Newly viewed properties are added to the current sidebar list, irrespective of whether or not they belong to that list (completely new functionality)
156: Running toolbar with 2 open sidebars (in different windows) can lead to question marks being display in one sidebar (very complex! i hope the work on bug #163 will help)

Rules
159: Primelocation: Unlisted properties not marked as 'Not listed' (could be awkward to fix, as the webpage doesn't have a property reference on to mark the property as 'Not Listed')
160: Daft: Unlisted properties not marked as 'Not listed' (same as above)
165: GSPC: Failed to has 'null' as base64 because TypeError: string is null (should be relatively easy, thinks it may be properties which don't have photos?)

Development aids
161: If there is a syntax error in the code, no useful error message is displayed (I've commited a change, so this should help developers hugely!)
164: Provide an assert() implementation (the wacky ideas zip has a good implementation, just needs porting to the current version)

Backend
157: Some properties marked with a little man don't show any changes when viewed (I think being backend, its down to me to fix this at the moment)

I'd say bugs #151, #128, #165, #164 are probably the best ones to start on, as the rest are dependent on #163.

I'd like to get something commited by the weekend for #163, so as to give an idea of the proposed changes / new functionality available. Which at the moment includes a javascript version of Qt's signals and slots mechanism which leads to code like

Code: Select all
//#########################################################################
//
//   Sidebar button
//

/**
 *   Hide/show the sidebar.
 */
this.toggleSidebar = function () {
   toggleSidebar('viewPropertyBeeSidebar');
};

// Create a widget representing the 'sidebar' button on the toolbar
var sidebarButton = new PB_Widget_Button(document, 'property-bee-sidebar');

// When the button is pressed call toggleSidebar()
PB_Connect(sidebarButton, 'onPressed', this, 'toggleSidebar');

//
//   Options > Work in a bee
//

// Create a widget representing the 'work in a bee' menu item on the toolbar
var workInABeeMenuItem = new PB_Widget_MenuItem(document, 'property-bee-options-work-in-a-bee');

// When the menu item is selected it toggles the work in a bee option
PB_Connect(workInABeeMenuItem, 'onSelected', service, 'toggleWorkInABee');

// If 'work in a bee' is changed from another window, we update the menu item in this window with/without a check
PB_Connect(service, 'workInABee', workInABeeMenuItem, 'setCheck');

// If the user is allowed to work in a bee the menu item is enabled, if they are not allowed the option is disabled.
PB_Connect(service, 'allowedToWorkInABee', workInABeeMenuItem, 'setEnable');
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Return to Development