An important announcement from the founder of property-bee.com: The future of Property Bee is assured.

Has property-bee helped you?

Support, questions and ideas about the property-bee toolbar

Has property-bee helped you?

Postby Beerhunter on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:28 pm

Has property-bee helped you find that perfect property or rental?

It would be quite nice to hear other people experiences, whether taking down the EA a notch or two, or finding that perfect property!

Feel free to add your experiences to this thread, and maybe it will help other property bee users!
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Re: Has property-bee helped you?

Postby Beerhunter on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:48 pm

Guess I ought to post my experiences first....

Been renting in London and saving like mad for many years.

Back in 2009 (a year after property-bee started), the landlord decided to sell some of their properties (wasn't making much for the amount of effort involved), and we agreed a private sale (below 2004 prices for those from GHPC ;)). Unfortunately it fell through the day before exchange, due to a cock up with the bank not letting me withdraw money as my passport was 6 weeks out of date :twisted: (and the only other proof of id acceptable was a warrant card, or an OAP bus pass... WTF!)

Continued to rent the same place, and save... looked around occasionally with PB, but couldn't find anything I liked at a sensible price.

Then begining of 2011, landlord decides they are going to sell.... initially I say I'm not interested (memories of 2009), but eventually I think yes, I'll place an offer... a lowish one, cause either its not going to sell (and I continue renting), its sold to someone else (in which case, I'd either be moving out or tenant to a new landlord), or I get lucky. At this point, I think 4 people were interested in the property, and landlord was hoping for a bidding war. Unfortunately for them, no one could get a mortgage... so it was just me left :D Arranged an appointment, and got a mortage on the spot (did I mention I'd been saving?).. phone up the landlord and told them I had a mortage in place, and we shook on it.

Having been through the buying process before on the property (and using the same convayencers) it was completetly stress free... and we completed 4th July this year :D

The irony in all this, was property bee wasn't much use to me.... I knew the property better than anyone else having rented it for years, and seen exactly what the other flats had sold/rented for over the years... so I guess I had a bit of inside knowledge!

Oh and another flat (up 2 flights of stairs, and lower ceilings) was sold a week after.... for £15k more :shock:
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Postby pznwbx on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:59 am

I've moved house 3 times in the last 5 years, with a couple of rental properties inbetween. PB is fantastic when you move to a new area, in that it shows up those properties that have been on the market for a couple of years, and the ones where the price has dropped a couple of times already.

I can remember the times when you moved to a new area, and went into the EA completely blind and had to accept what they told you. Now I know more about the property market for my potential purchases than the EA!

Great site - Thanks to all involved
Mick..
pznwbx

Postby BertieBasher2 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:07 pm

Hi There
The site http://www.propertynews.com no longer works.
Regards
Bertie.
BertieBasher2

Postby BertieBasher2 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi Guys
Is the Property Bee finished? Can you let us know as I'll remove the plugin from Firefox if there is going to be no more development.
Regards
BertieBasher2

Postby rajesh1 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:11 pm

Any one out there can you help me . New to this property bee, can you find specific like run down houses/flats in a paticular area, and if so what criteria do you put in say right move as no specific box to put this, also does it work with zoopla site
rajesh1

Return to Support and Questions