An important announcement from the founder of property-bee.com: The future of Property Bee is assured.

Rightmove is not my friend

Support, questions and ideas about the property-bee toolbar

Rightmove is not my friend

Postby lindaj on Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:49 am

This problem isn't Property Bee related since it is equally as bad in Safari/OSX as it is in Firefox/OSX but I thought I'd
give it a try on here.

In the last week or so I've had problems getting pages from Rightmove - more often than not it will timeout with :

Connection Interrupted
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

This usually happens when going from one postcode to another listed "Near this Area". I've tried deleting cookies &
clearing the cache.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem ?

BTW, I also want to say Property Bee is absolutely spectacular. Thanks!
lindaj

Re: Rightmove is not my friend

Postby Beerhunter on Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:55 pm

lindaj wrote:This problem isn't Property Bee related since it is equally as bad in Safari/OSX as it is in Firefox/OSX but I thought I'd
give it a try on here.

In the last week or so I've had problems getting pages from Rightmove - more often than not it will timeout with :

Connection Interrupted
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

This usually happens when going from one postcode to another listed "Near this Area". I've tried deleting cookies &
clearing the cache.

Hi lindaj

I've moved this into "Support and Questions" in case anyone can help or is experiencing the same problems with rightmove.

The errors could be rightmove related (tho I doubt it), but I think are more likely to be your internet connection, or the route it takes between your ISP and rightmove.

Which ISP and which operating system do you use?

Cheers
BH
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Postby tehlam3 on Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:51 am

had the same problem monday and tuesday seems as if it was a issue with rightmove as it is fixed now
tehlam3

Postby hopefulhomebuyer on Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:11 am

I also had the same problem at the beginning of the week, but it's not happened for a day or two now.
hopefulhomebuyer

Postby lindaj on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:27 pm

Hi there, thanks for the responses & sorry for the late reply.

I contacted Rightmove, they acknowledged there HAD been a problem at their end and it is now fixed. They didn't elaborate
on what the problem was.
>Linda,
>
>That is good news, we were not changing servers, but we found a bug in our search software which caused this problem. This was fixed on Monday at about 16:00.
>
>L

lindaj wrote:This problem isn't Property Bee related since it is equally as bad in Safari/OSX as it is in Firefox/OSX but I thought I'd
give it a try on here.

Connection Interrupted

clearing the cache.

lindaj

Postby Beerhunter on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:16 pm

lindaj wrote:Hi there, thanks for the responses & sorry for the late reply.

I contacted Rightmove, they acknowledged there HAD been a problem at their end and it is now fixed. They didn't elaborate
on what the problem was.
>Linda,
>
>That is good news, we were not changing servers, but we found a bug in our search software which caused this problem. This was fixed on Monday at about 16:00.
>
>L

give it a try on here.

Connection Interrupted

clearing the cache.

I guess it maybe the problem that some of use had noticed... when you get to the last page, sometimes there's a next link which takes you back to the first page and you can go round again and again. This may explain why they have limited searches to the first 2000 properties found as well.

Cheers
BH
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Postby Guy M on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:17 am

It's not a biggie (and hence I didn't want to start a new thread for this) but was wondering whether others experience the same problem using the "added in the last 24 hours" function of the RM search options.

It tracks some of the properties added (or amended) in that time frame, but if you search through all the entries for the same area, PB often reveals a lot more going on than RM's results suggests. Any ideas as to why this might be?

I'd got into the habit of just keeping an eye of what had been added in the last few days, but have now realised (thanks to PB) that I might have to go back to the old scroll through the whole set of results for the areas in which I'm interested.
Guy M

Return to Support and Questions