An important announcement from the founder of property-bee.com: The future of Property Bee is assured.

Which radio station do you listen to?

Got something non property related you want to share? This is the place to post what your listening to, favourite youtube videos or anything else.

Which radio station do you listen to?

Postby Beerhunter on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:38 pm

Looking for new stations / radio programmes to listen too...

I tend to listen to Radio4, Radio4 Extra for the comedy and BBC6 for music - especially Stuart Maconie's Freak Zone which is probably my favourite show ever.

What else should I be listening too?
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Re: Which radio station do you listen to?

Postby retiredval on Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:16 am

I quite often listen to the BBC World Service. I like The Forum, and some of the Witness programs, and some, but not all of the news programs. (The Beeb is a little too left wing for me). You will need a DAB radio for this during the day, but Radio 4 transmits the World Service after 1pm. As a fully paid up insomniac, I find it very soothing.
Val
retiredval

Re: Which radio station do you listen to?

Postby Beerhunter on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:02 pm

Thanks Val,

I've not listened to the BBC World Service much... often I find either I tune in just at the end of something interesting, or its not of interest at all. I'll have to keep an ear out for The Forum and Witness programmes.

Talking of which, I'd really like if the BBC Radio iplayer had links to the previous/next programmes in the schedule, as sometimes you just catch the end of the previous programme and think, that sounded really interesting but I've no idea what it was...

Just thought of another radio programme I really like... all the way from Canada; Quirks & Quarks. I really like is the care the presenter gives the subjects, posting links to the research/guest expert on the website etc. Also as he has no science education background, so his questioning of the guests is very much the style of an ordinary person and sometimes you can hear the expert go "errm I'm not sure, no ones asked me a question like that before". Also the analogies he comes up to explain what the expert has just said are just superb.

Fully paid up insomniac... yup me too!
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Return to Rehabilitation group