An important announcement from the founder of property-bee.com: The future of Property Bee is assured.

Great British Beer Festival

Got something non property related you want to share? This is the place to post what your listening to, favourite youtube videos or anything else.

Great British Beer Festival

Postby Beerhunter on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:52 pm

Anyone been this year? I'm heading there Friday... so looking to for tips on what to try (and what to avoid - not that there is anything I won't try :shock: )

Looking at the beer list, hope to sample;
* Some of the beers from Windsor & Eton Brewery, in particular Conqueror Black IPA
* Hopefully Surrey Hills may have their new Greensland IPA on

Doesn't look like Spingo from the Blue Anchor has made it to GBBF this year... last time I was there, I was next in line when they ran out :(

Other than that, aiming to concentrate on small breweies that are far away (and no they are not small cause they are far away!) from London; Any beer drinkers from Scotland, Cumbria, Northumberland, Durham, Cornwall areas got any beer recommendations to look out for?
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Re: Great British Beer Festival

Postby Beerhunter on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:34 am

Well I've just about recovered after Fridays session... :shock:

Really good selection of beer this year, and top of the list was De Molen Hot & Spicy (10.2%).... truely astounding. Tastewise lots of cocoa and rich coffee initially, but a heap of smoked firery chilli afterwards :oops: After which I followed with a 11% Russian Imperial Stout, a pint of Hop Bomb - well after the previous couple of beers, no half measures (in any sense) would of worked..then a curry in Brick Lane :D
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Return to Rehabilitation group